How to Get Water Out of iPhone? Are you struggling to remove water from your iPhone? Here is a comprehensive guide on how to remove water from your iPhone and prevent any damage to your device. Please read on to learn more about how to remove water from your iPhone.
Table of Contents
Here are the steps on How to get Water out of your iPhone:
The following steps should be taken as soon as possible after water damage:
1. Turn off your phone:
You should turn off your iPhone as soon as possible after it has been soaked in water to prevent further damage.
2. Remove the case and SIM card:
It is recommended that you remove the case and SIM card from your iPhone if it has one.
3. Dry the exterior:
Your iPhone’s exterior should be gently dried with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use a hair dryer since the heat may cause the device to malfunction.
4. To cook the iPhone, place it in an uncooked bowl of rice:
In order Fore to absorb moisture, it is commonly recommended that it be soaked in a bowl of water for at least 24 hours.
5. Don’t charge your phone:
The iPhone should not be charged until it has completely dried out.
It may be necessary to take the iPhone to a professional repair shop after 24 hours to ensure it is back to its normal function.
Tips and Tricks
There are still other ways to get water out of your iPhone if you do not have access to rice. Here are some tips and tricks:
- Use silica gel packets: You can use silica gel packets to absorb moisture from your iPhone. Place it in a sealed bag with silica gel packets for 24 hours.
- Use a vacuum cleaner: If you want to remove water from your iPhone’s speaker grilles and ports, use a vacuum cleaner. Turn the vacuum cleaner on and place the nozzle next to the grilles and ports.
- Use a hair dryer: To dry the exterior of your iPhone, use a hair dryer at a distance of approximately 6 inches. Keep the hair dryer moving to avoid overheating any components.
Preventing Further Damage:
Here are a few things you should avoid doing while trying to remove water from your iPhone:
- Don’t shake your iPhone: If you shake your iPhone, water droplets can enter deeper into the device and cause more damage.
- Don’t use a heat source: Your iPhone’s components can be damaged if you use a microwave, oven, or hairdryer on high heat.
- Don’t use a charger: If your iPhone is still wet, avoid charging it as this can short it out.
1. Can water damage be repaired?
There are cases where a repair shop can restore a device after it has sustained water damage, while there are other cases where it won’t be able to be restored.
2. What should I do if my iPhone is still not working after being in rice for 24 hours?
It may be time to take your iPhone to a professional repair shop if it still does not work after being immersed in rice for 24 hours. A specialist will be able to assess the extent of the damage and determine the best course of action.
3. Is there a warranty for water damage on an iPhone?
Water damage is not covered by Apple’s standard warranty, however if you have purchased AppleCare+, you may be covered for this type of damage.
4. What is the best way to dry my iPhone? Can I put it in the oven?
You should not use heat to dry out your iPhone. The process can cause more damage and is not recommended.
5. What if I dropped my iPhone in salt water?
You should rinse your iPhone thoroughly with fresh water after dropping it in salt water. This will help remove the salt and prevent further damage.
6. Can I use a towel to dry my iPhone?
When it comes to drying the iPhone’s exterior, it is best to use a soft, dry cloth. Towels may cause scratches to the phone’s exterior.
7. How long should I wait before turning on my iPhone after it got wet?
After removing the water from your iPhone, it is recommended to wait at least 24 hours before you turn it on. This will ensure that the device is fully dried out.
8. Will putting my iPhone in rice remove all the water?
The rice can help absorb moisture from the device, but the rice may not actually remove all of the water. Therefore, a professional assessment is necessary to determine whether further repairs are required.
9. Is there any other method to dry my iPhone besides putting it in rice?
It is also possible to use silica gel packets, which are commonly used to absorb moisture. However, it is best to seek the assistance of a professional for a thorough examination of the device.
Finally, the iPhone has a wide range of features and functionality that makes it a popular and highly advanced smartphone.
The iPhone provides users with a seamless and enjoyable mobile experience with its sleek design, user-friendly interface, and advanced technologies, such as Face ID and Siri.
It is important, however, to take immediate action if your iPhone has been exposed to water to prevent any long-term damage. If your iPhone is properly maintained and cared for, you can expect years of reliable and high-quality performance.